Branding is a way of getting people to recognise your business and to know what they can associate with it. This is an important part of marketing as it makes your business recognisable and memorable. Here are some ways to help establish yourself as a brand:
- Choose a suitable logo. It should be interesting to look at without being overly complicated. Choose something that is representative of what you do.
- Use similar colours. Brand yourself with a good colour scheme, using similar shades on your website and in your general design work.
- Send out branded gifts to clients. Pens, mugs, stationery – they all help to make you memorable.
- Find a tone of voice that works. This is your brand voice and will make your business feel approachable and relatable.
- Use social media. This helps to integrate your brand into the lives of your customers, allowing them to follow you and see updates.